I still remember the morning I left Hanoi for Ninh Binh. The city noise slowly faded away, replaced by peaceful rice fields stretching endlessly on both sides of the road. I had heard people call this place “Halong Bay on land”, but I never imagined it would be so breathtaking until I saw it with my own eyes. This is my personal Ninh Binh Guide, written not as a checklist, but as a story of discovery.
1. The First Impression – Tam Coc Boat Ride
As soon as I arrived, I went straight to Tam Coc. Sitting on a small sampan rowed by a local woman, I drifted down the river between limestone mountains that looked like they had been standing there for millions of years. We passed through dark caves, where the cool air felt refreshing, and emerged into golden rice fields swaying gently in the breeze.
![]() |
| Tam Coc Boat Ride |
If you want to capture the essence of Ninh Binh, this boat tour is the perfect start.
2. Climbing for the View – Mua Cave
The next morning, I woke up early and decided to climb Mua Cave. Nearly 500 stone steps tested my stamina, but reaching the top was worth every drop of sweat. From above, I saw Tam Coc’s river winding through green fields, with small boats moving slowly like dots on a painting.
![]() |
| Mua Cave |
For me, this was the moment Ninh Binh revealed its soul – peaceful, grand, and timeless.
3. A Walk Through History – Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
Later, I cycled to Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam in the 10th century. Walking through the old temples dedicated to Kings Dinh and Le, I felt like stepping back in time. The mossy walls, wooden altars, and the scent of incense carried stories of a glorious past that textbooks could never fully tell.
![]() |
| Hoa Lu Ancient Capital |
4. Spiritual Quietness – Bai Dinh Pagoda
No Ninh Binh Guide would be complete without Bai Dinh Pagoda. It’s not just the largest Buddhist complex in Vietnam but also a place where I found deep calmness. Walking under rows of stone Buddhas, I heard nothing but the sound of the wind and my own footsteps. It was both humbling and inspiring.
![]() |
| Bai Dinh Pagoda |
5. Food & Local Life
Every journey is incomplete without food. In Ninh Binh, I tried the famous goat meat – tender and flavorful – and the crispy “cơm cháy” burned rice. Sharing these dishes with a local family in a Tam Coc homestay made me feel less like a tourist and more like a guest welcomed into their home.
6. Reflections
Looking back, Ninh Binh was not just about landscapes or temples. It was about slowing down, breathing deeply, and connecting with nature and history in a way that few other places allow.
If you plan to visit, my advice is simple: take your time. Rent a bicycle, wander into the countryside, talk to the locals, and let the journey unfold naturally.
7. Final Words
This was my story, but I hope it can be your inspiration too. If you are planning your own adventure, this Ninh Binh Vietnam Travel Guide will give you practical tips, itineraries, and insider advice to make your trip smooth and memorable.
Ninh Binh is not just a place to see – it’s a place to feel. And once you’ve been here, you’ll carry a piece of its peace wherever you go.










0 Post a Comment:
Post a Comment